[illumos-Advocates] RTI 175 zfs vdev cache consumes excessive memory

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Thu Apr 21 23:06:02 PDT 2011

Looks good.

We end up storing 10MB of readahead per vdev, and so if you have many
vdevs (say, if you sell storage systems), that really sucks on main
memory.
Could you add this info to the bug, please, if I have this right.
"See opensolaris CR" is useless, now that we no longer can.

Out of interest: Does this hurt small configurations at all?  (I'm
hoping that this was touched on in the private conversations with the
ZFS folks)

-- Rich