[illumos-Advocates] [RTI] 1121 smbsrv should use SPNEGO (outbound authentication)

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Wed Jul 6 11:22:03 PDT 2011

I"m reviewing:

mlsvc_client.c: line 229.  Why the XXX ?

mlsvc_client.c: line 183, 193, 240... others?  You are using
syslog(LOG_DEBUG) here.  Is that really appropriate?  Does it match
existing practice in this code?  I'm especially concerned if this winds
up in a library, rather than in application code.  There are other error
paths in this code that don't fire off a syslog() event.  (In general,
for developer debugging, I prefer dtrace or its ilk, and I try to
reserve syslog for things that need administrator attention.)

mlsvc_client.c: line 549.  Why this change?

smbrdr_glue.c: line 177. This really feels like something that should be
done via dtrace fbt provider.

With that reply, the rest of the changes look good.

	- Garrett