[illumos-Advocates] Fwd: [ZFS-WG] ZFS code review: TIMING OUT!

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Fri May 13 20:56:34 PDT 2011

Lisa Week offered advice to basically, also look at the NFSv4 ACL
code (and presumably try to sync. them up)  but I don't think we
should do that.  ACLs are already different in the two.

Re: the comment about line 1578:
         (void) isdir;   /* will need this later */

Yes, one could instead add before the function:
        /* ARGSUSED */
or, better still:
        NOTE(ARGUNUSED(isdir))
but that line is temporary, until the reworked fix for
807 (Trivial ACEs missing delete) comes back, so
I don't think it's worth the trouble to change now.
.
In short, nothing new here.  Let's push it.

Everyone has had ample opportunity to both
look at the code (if they want) and to comment
and/or get their name on it as a reviewer (if
they want to).

I suggest we not mention Mark S. or Lisa W.
among reviewers.  It's enough that we know
they looked and had no major concerns.

Gordon

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:

>   -- Garrett D'Amore