[illumos-Advocates] RTI 992 towlower/towupper are broken

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:09:47 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> illumos:yuri:~/ws/992-localedef$ hg outgoing -v ssh://anonhg@hg.illumos.org/illumos-gate
> running ssh anonhg at hg.illumos.org "hg -R illumos-gate serve --stdio"
> remote: Not trusting file /export/illumos/hgrepos/illumos-gate/.hg/hgrc from untrusted user hg, group hg
> comparing with ssh://anonhg@hg.illumos.org/illumos-gate
> searching for changes
>
> changeset:   13369:b913fe55a4c0
> tag:         tip
> user:        Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov at gmail.com>
> date:        Thu May 12 03:21:34 2011 +0400

>        992 towlower/towupper are broken
>        Reviewed by: Garrett D'Amore <garrett at damore.org>
>
> modified:
>   usr/src/cmd/localedef/Makefile
>   usr/src/cmd/localedef/ctype.c
> added:
>   usr/src/cmd/localedef/data/ctype.sh
>
> remote: Not trusting file /export/illumos/hgrepos/illumos-gate/.hg/hgrc from untrusted user hg, group hg
>

> Tested by using towlower/towupper functions for latin, cyrillic and
> greek characters in en_US.UTF-8 and ru_RU.UTF-8 locales - results are
> the same in both.
[...]

Hi Yuri,

Are you still working on this?

I'd like to see an answer to the functionality questions about this
before we integrate.  (How do we know if the fix is complete?)

I suggested one way you could verify your fix.  I'm sure you could
find many other ways as well.  Please choose a test method and
use it to demonstrate that your fix is complete.

Thanks,
Gordon