[illumos-Developer] Extending zfs command

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Aug 10 01:24:22 PDT 2010

Damian Wojs??aw <damian at wojslaw.pl> wrote:

> When setting up a on compilation environment with help of estibi, I'm
> looking at zfs_main.c with intent to find a proper place for the glob
> matching.

Damian this is not a statement against you but a call for discussing general
architectural rules for the future of Illumos.

Please note that Garret seems to be against even adding simple things like the
ability for reading man pages that come from FreeBSD (even though whe are going
to start to introduce software that comes with this kind of man pages).

Introducing a modification of the ZFS command creates a much higher level of
incompatibility. It seems that we need to first have a basic discussion on what
Illumos should be and what Illumos should not be.

Jörg