[illumos-Developer] Something for later but interesting IMHO

Damian Wojsław damian at wojslaw.pl
Tue Aug 17 03:49:35 PDT 2010

Ho, I'm thinking what would have to be done to add virt flags support
to OpenSolaris? I have Core2 quad cpu with those flags (recognised and
supported in Linux) which are unsupported in OpenSolaris 134 and 142.
I'd really preffer to host my virtual machines within opensolaris, but
I can't install 64bit guests, which are a must for me. I dpn't even
know where to start implementing it and if it would seriously change
kernel, but maybe someone else has any ideas or  a time to prepare a
patch?

Regards

--
Damian Wojsław