[illumos-Developer] initial webrev for freebsd tr

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Wed Aug 18 09:31:28 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 16:25 +0000, Paul Armstrong wrote:
> At 2010-08-18T13:00+0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at damore.org> wrote:
> > > I've worked up a webrev which includes "tr" and some changes to libc to
> > > facilitate "tr".
> > >
> > > http://mexico.purplecow.org/gdamore/webrev/tr/
> > >
> > > I would appreciate feedback.  I'm doing a full nightly build on this
> > > right now.
>
> Ah, you managed to get the whole rune thing working. Nice.
>
> > Could you please provide tr and libc binaries that allow tetsing via:
> >
> > LD_PRELOAD=/tmp/libc.so /tmp/tr ......
>
> Not sure if you care for it or not, but I uploaded an x86 binary into the
> ticket using the port I did (which is slightly different as I pulled the
> pre-multibyte version of tr but should be close enough for initial testing).

I was having trouble accessing the bug database to find your
implementation (downtime on the site yesterday when I started the work),
and I really thought it best to get the full implementation going up
front.

I also made sure the code was lint and cstyle clean.  Not sure if you
did that -- I didn't check.

I hope you're not offended; normally I hate duplication of effort.