[illumos-Developer] HEADS UP: opensolaris.sh updated & renamed

Chad Cantwell chad at iomail.org
Thu Aug 19 21:05:52 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just did my first build of illumos-gate and it seems to have another dependency
for the opensolaris name.  It stopped just before building the packages with the
below error.  I tried briefly linking and copying the illumos file to opensolaris
in the /work/compiling/illumos-gate/usr/src/tools/proto/root_i386-nd/opt/onbld/env/
directory, but it seemed to always clear this out while building and I wasn't
familiar enough with the build process to track it down further.  I was able to
finish compiling it though after putting opensolaris back into ENVFILES in
usr/src/tools/env/Makefile

Chad

Generating dependencies for developer-build-onbld.mog
Couldn't find /work/compiling/illumos-gate/usr/src/tools/proto/root_i386-nd/opt/onbld/env/opensolaris
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
if [ ! -f packages.i386/developer-build-onbld.nodepend ]; then \
        pkgdepend generate -m -D 'PLATFORM=i86hvm'  -D 'PLATFORM=i86pc'  -D 'PLATFORM=i86xpv'  -D 'ISALIST=amd64'  -D 'ISALIST=i386' packages.i386/developer-build-onbld.mog \
                /work/compiling/illumos-gate/usr/src/tools/proto/root_i386-nd > packages.i386/developer-build-onbld.dep; \
else \
        /usr/bin/cp -f packages.i386/developer-build-onbld.mog packages.i386/developer-build-onbld.dep; \
fi
dmake: Warning: Command failed for target `packages.i386/developer-build-onbld.dep'