[illumos-Developer] [osol-discuss] SchilliX-0.7.1 based on b147+ available

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Aug 31 10:20:27 PDT 2010

Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:

> Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> > Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon at sonicle.com> wrote:
> >
> >> That's great ;) and....what are the missing features compared to latest OpenSolaris dev? (if any...)
> >
> > If you like to compare SchilliX with OpenSolaris, nothing is missing.
> > If you compare SchilliX to Indiana, things look different.
> >
> > From the discussion of Licenses, it seems that Indiana is not made of
> > redistributable code only.
>
> The distro named "OpenSolaris", originally created by the Indiana project,
> contains only redistributable code in the install media & main IPS repositories,
> though some of that is closed source binaries released under licenses like
> the OSBL.

Does this mean, I could bundle the data from /usr/lib/locale/* with SchilliX?

> All packages containing code which is not redistributable are isolated
> to the /extra repository.

Given the fact that

	pkg search cc

does not show any /extra in the output, does this mean I could bundle the
studio compiler with SchilliX?

I am a bit confused. I am willing to believe you but several people did write
different claims before.

Jörg