[illumos-Developer] [osol-discuss] SchilliX-0.7.1 based on b147+ available

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Aug 31 12:47:59 PDT 2010

Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> Given the fact that
>
> 	pkg search cc
>
> does not show any /extra in the output, does this mean I could bundle the
> studio compiler with SchilliX?

You should be able to bundle the version provided by the pkg repository,
under the terms of the license there, which you can see by either
	pkg info -r --license sunstudio12u1 | less
or going to the http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/en/index.shtml, searching for
the package, then clicking on the package name in the results page, leading
to a URL such as:
http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/info/0/sunstudio12u1%4012.1%2C5.11-0.111%3A20090617T225413Z

Those terms of course only apply to the packages with that license attached,
and not any other versions or install mechanisms, which would be covered by
the license provided with those download mechanisms.   (Those versions may
include encumbered binaries that were not included in the redistributable
downloads - I don't recall if studio was one of the packages that had to be
changed that way for the pkg repo.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com