[illumos-Developer] Information request: Using Joerg's fixes and contributions with Illumos or with an Illumos-based distro

Sriram Narayanan sriram at belenix.org
Sun Dec 5 11:56:32 PST 2010

Thanks for your responses and thoughts, Garrett.

Please accept my apologies for paraphrasing your responses. I'd only
stated what my impressions were, and made the mistake of not referring
to the exact emails to ensure that I have the correct impressions /
recollections.

My concrete and actionable take aways from your responses are:
- Distros such as Belenix are free to include various tools.
- Joerg is best to comment on the compatibility of his tools with
other competing or complementary tools
- It's best to discuss archivers elsewhere.

Please let me know in case there are any other actionable points that
I may have missed, else I'm going to take the above points to the
Belenix dev team.

Thanks.

-- Ram