[illumos-Developer] BEADM [WEBREV] 418 replace beadm by tbeadm with gettext support

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 13:52:01 PST 2010

BTW, left off the last line of my previous example:
#undef gettext

A little more on this webrev:
>> http://cr.illumos.org/view/l9tyxd9g/

Your copyright in cmd/beadm/makefile is inserted in the middle of
the Oracle one. Please put it above or below.

Does "make msg" work?  I don't see a Makefile target for it.

When I run xgettext on your beadm.c file, it produces an
empty output file. I don't think the #define gettext _ works.

The TEXT_DOMAIN in beadm.c is probably not right.
There's normally one TEXT_DOMAIN for many programs,
i.e. see usr/src/cmd/Makefile.cmd 499
TEXT_DOMAIN= SUNW_OST_OSCMD

In beadm.c you could do this if you like:
#ifndef TEXT_DOMAIN
#define TEXT_DOMAIN "beadm"
#endif

In confirm_destroy, I think there's a locale thing for getting the
translated "yes" and "no" responses, but I'm not sure what
those might be.  I doubt the translation people will do anything
with the one character strings _("y"), etc.

I did not look closely at the program logic, but nothing
stood out as needing attention.

Thanks for working on this.

Gordon