[illumos-Developer] remove SVR3 (ancient) support from svr4 packaging

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Mon Nov 8 07:52:33 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 15:35 +0000, Peter Tribble wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at damore.org> wrote:
> > I decided to break my earlier packaging deltas up to make them more
> > readable.  The first round, which removes ancient pre-SVR4 packages
> > (i.e. SVR3) is here:
> >
> > http://mexico.purplecow.org/gdamore/webrev/nosvr3pkg/
> >
> > I'd appreciate a timely review, as I'd like to integrate these changes
> > soon.
>
> Looks fine to me.
>
> One query, more for my education really: what's this note.h and _NOTE stuff?

Its another, more precise, way to tell lint about your code.  This way
you can suppress very precise lint warnings with this meta information,
which is more precise than /*LINTED*/ or /*ARGSUNUSED*/  (because we can
specify exactly *which* argument(s) are unused, for example.)

I use it pretty heavily in the kernel, and I prefer it to the /*LINTED*/
style of comment whenever practical.