[illumos-Developer] "od" i386 binary for benchmark

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Wed Nov 10 12:03:33 PST 2010

> On Nov 10, 2010, at 11:42 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>
>> I encourage you to write code and to collaborate. Ranting does not help.
>

> No you don't, you encourage people to use your implementations of things
> to the exclusion of all others rather than fixing the perceived problems
> in theirs (for example if you think Garrett's od(1) implementation has
> some problem, why not contribute a fix?), and you become hostile when they
> don't.
>
> Nobody wants your implementation of anything because the (minor) benefit
> they might offer isn't worth the heavy cost of having to deal with you.
>
> Either put up code or shut up. I asked you for a webrev for a star putback
> and have seen nothing. I'm sick of you shitting all over everyone that
> actually does real work.
>
> -JohnS

wow

This is worse than the OpenSolaris discuss list and I think I want nothing
more to do with it. I had set up a mirror at
http://download.blastwave.org/OpenIndiana/index.html but later tonight
I'll kill it off simply because I find the approach to this .. offensive.

That endss that.  :-(

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke at opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris