[illumos-Developer] (no subject)

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Tue Oct 12 12:18:56 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 17:08 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at damore.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 12:10 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > > Richard Lowe <richlowe at richlowe.net> wrote:
> > >

> > > The ON source must contain all include files and libraries that are needed to
> > > build ON. This is in conflict with hald integration, there was no such problem
> > > as long as we had vold.....
> >

> > Resolving this hald dependency on GNOME is on my TODO list.
>
> The question is how to do this.... Do you have an idea?

Yes, I have a few ideas, but I need to spend some time in the code
first.

One idea is to move it to a separate consolidation.

Another idea is to look at the functionality that hal uses from GNOME
(glib functionality I believe), and see if we can't provide equivalent
functionality in hal locally.

I have not really scoped either of these tasks.