[illumos-Developer] Softly, softly.

Andre van Eyssen andre at purplecow.org
Thu Oct 14 18:08:23 PDT 2010

Hi Team,

The mercury is rising a little on-list, and I'd just like to step in to
remind everyone that

a) Illumos is still in a "start-up" phase - lots of rapid development,
    rapid integration.
b) We're still a small project without a lot of formality.

The latter - a lock of formality - will change over time as processes
evolve and get fine-tuned into smooth operation. The former? Well, once
the major tasks have been completed, things should settle to a more
manageable pace.

For now though, let's try to keep the heat down on-list. A little more
cool-down time before hitting that reply key and let's try to keep design,
process and people issues at least in their own thread on list rather than
replying to a code review with a discussion of process.

I'd like to think we're all here with a common goal - the creation and
maintenance of good, useful software. Let's try to:

* Keep the tone upbeat and positive.
* Discuss process issues in their own thread, so people who are only
   interested in code can filter appropriately.
* Remember that a quiet word off-list can be more effective than a public
   debate in some cases.

Keep on codin'!

Andre.

--