[illumos-Developer] review: nuke staleness from svr4pkg

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Oct 15 06:24:30 PDT 2010

> > While I am all for cutting cruft and dead code, I think that such
> > a step would needlessly remove much of the Solaris compatibility
> > that Illumos has.  If I had voting rights in Illumos, I would give
> > lots of -1's to that idea.
>
> Patching will never work in any event. patchadd and friends are
> closed source and long gone. Removing the horrid hacks in the
> underlying pkg code makes no difference.

Ah, OK.  I remember now.  I missed the fact that pkgadd was not open
in the first place.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt