[illumos-Developer] webrev: reimplementation of od

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Wed Oct 20 09:35:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 18:28 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:

> You cannot test everything if a program is bejond a certain complexity, you
> still can get a sufficient test coverage by testing the things that are
> expected to cause problems. This is how I get fast results.

And, I've tested as much as I can, I think.  Roland has been testing my
program too!

> Your "od" will create a lot of problems if it is going to replace the current
> implementation as it does not implement everything that is in the POSIX
> standard.

You've said this before.  I don't agree, but will allow that there may
be something I've overlooked.  I don't see it.  So if you want me to
take action, please provide *SPECIFIC* details.  What part of POSIX is
missing?

Your comment as it stands is *TOTALLY USELESS* to me.

The entire rest of your message is completely pointless ranting and I'm
not even going to bother replying to it.