[illumos-Developer] webrev: 374 cron should send more useful mail

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Mon Oct 25 15:40:47 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> Gordon Ross wrote:
>> Or is there some other field that could reliably be used
>> to filter any/all messages from cron jobs?

RFC2076 lists commonly used mail headers.  I think "User-Agent" is an
HTTP header not a mail header.

We could use "X-Mailer" -- it's mentioned in the RFC and I believe
it's in common use but it isn't any kind of standard.

--
Joshua M. Clulow
UNIX Admin/Developer