[illumos-Developer] Problems with onu, pkg and the build

Andrej Podzimek andrej at podzimek.org
Sun Oct 31 06:24:40 PDT 2010

Hello,

I tried to upgrade my Illumos system from one of the post-147 builds to the latest revision (7c8ff70cc6ed), but got stuck with the following two (possibly unrelated) issues:

1) The build logs contain a warning:

	dmake: Warning: Command failed for target `packages.i386/developer-library-lint.dep'
	dmake: Warning: Command failed for target `packages.i386/system-library.dep'
	dmake: Warning: Target `install' not remade because of errors

2) The onu script fails with the following messages:

	pkg: No matching version of package/pkg can be installed:
	pkg://opensolaris.org/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.133:20100216T141949Z: Newer version pkg://os-devel/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.146:20100814T133442Z is already installed
	pkg://opensolaris.org/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.133:20100218T000555Z: Newer version pkg://os-devel/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.146:20100814T133442Z is already installed
	pkg://opensolaris.org/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.134:20100302T042843Z: Newer version pkg://os-devel/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.146:20100814T133442Z is already installed
	pkg -R /tmp/onu.DaaaQz image-update failed: exit code 1

I have already upgraded Illumos a number of times (in order to test my kernel hacks :-) and the latest updates), but haven't seen this yet. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

Andrej