[illumos-Developer] Problems in setlocale and codereview

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Fri Sep 3 01:22:25 PDT 2010

I went ahead and cleaned up the code, and fixed the buf problem and
properly implemented composite locales.  I used the work you did (Joerg)
as a starting point.

The URL is here:  http://cr.illumos.org/view/ceceqhva

I've gone ahead and put this into a clean workspace, built it, tested
it, verified it was lint clean, etc.  I can't find any ways it breaks,
although the original code was broken in various and sundry ways.

I'd like to integrate this tomorrow.

Joerg, if you like I will include a copyright attribution in the code,
as you did the initial research work, and I did wind up using some of
the code from your diffs (but not all of it, and I made additional
changes of my own -- and some of your code was not correct.)  If you
want to be listed, just send me a copyright statement to include and
I'll list you right after the Nexenta copyright.  I do not want to
change the license of the code though -- its under a 3 clause BSD
license.

I'd like to get a complete review of this code, then I will integrate
the changes.  Assuming there are no problems found during code review,
of course.

Thanks.