[illumos-Developer] Illumos new project proposal - Mono C# compiler and runtime precompiled binaries for Illumos releases (Open .NET for UNIX based systems and Open Java runtime)

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Wed Sep 8 08:45:37 PDT 2010

I don't use C# or Mono.  But it would be good to have functional tools
for people who do.

My take on this is that we need to make sure it works, and ideally have
patches (if needed) submitted upstream.  It might be good to have a
project with its own gate if significant work is required, so that
others can contribute and also benefit from shared effort.  The ultimate
goal should be to integrate source changes upstream, though.  (And
having a binary piece that is in SFW or in a consolidation of its own.)

	- Garrett