[illumos-Developer] FLAG DAY: signed crypto removed

Asias He asias.hejun at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:13:27 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:
> With my integration of "6 Need open kcfd", there is actually no more
> kcfd or signed crypto tarballs.  (The necessary code for thread
> management is in the kernel kcf.  You'll notice new kernel LWPs called
> "kcfpoold" in ps -eLf output.)  Also, all vestiges of FIPS-140 support
> are removed.
>
> This represents a flag day for everyone building illumos.
>
> You must do a full nightly across thsi flag day -- incrementals *will*
> break.
>
> You must not have a crypto tarball.   (One less thing to download from
> Oracle.. yay!)
>
> You *MUST* use the version of nightly in the latest source.  It is a
> syntax error to try to use the old nightly -- it won't work unless you
> have the old crypto tarball, and if you do, the result will not be
> functional!
>
> To recap:
>
> * remove crypto tarball if present.
> * use nightly from source tree
> * do a full clobber build.
>
> Thank you.
>
>        - Garrett

After removing the crypto tarball, I failed to dmake setup. Any ideas?

asias at hejun:/code/illumos-gate$ ls
exception_lists  illumos.sh  log  nohup.out  README  usr
asias at hejun:/code/illumos-gate$ hg tip
changeset:   13188:d3448309c82d
tag:         tip
user:        Asias He <asias.hejun at gmail.com>
date:        Tue Sep 14 12:50:00 2010 +0800
        75 Please remove cmd/des
        Reviewed by: garrett at nexenta.com, estseg at gmail.com
        Approved by: garrett at nexenta.com

asias at hejun:/code/illumos-gate/usr/src$ dmake setup
Error: if closed sources are not present, ON_CLOSED_BINS must point to
closed binaries.
root_i386 is not present in /code/illumos-gate/closed.
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
CLOSED_ROOT="$ON_CLOSED_BINS/root_i386${RELEASE_BUILD+-nd}"; \
if [ "$CLOSED_IS_PRESENT" = no ]; then \
        if [ ! -d "$CLOSED_ROOT" ]; then \
                echo "Error: if closed sources are not present," \
                    "ON_CLOSED_BINS must point to closed binaries."; \
                echo "root_i386${RELEASE_BUILD+-nd} is not" \
                    "present in $ON_CLOSED_BINS."; \
                exit 1; \
        fi; \
        echo "Copying closed binaries from $CLOSED_ROOT"; \
        (cd $CLOSED_ROOT; \
            /usr/bin/tar cfX -
/code/illumos-gate/exception_lists/closed-bins .) | \
            (cd /code/illumos-gate/proto/root_i386; /usr/bin/tar xBpf -); \
fi
dmake: Fatal error: Command failed for target `closedbins'
Current working directory /code/illumos-gate/usr/src

Best Regards
Asias He