[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 244: Need replacement for closed /usr/bin/tail and /usr/xpg4/bin/tail

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Wed Sep 22 08:22:23 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 17:14 +0200, I. Szczesniak wrote:

> Would you please put your tail replacement on 'hold' until we have
> feedback from Roland Mainz? It may just cause more trouble than it's
> worth otherwise.

I have not heard from Roland or Olga in a number of weeks.  I am not
interested in holding up progress that other people are making to
assuage the egos of other developers who are not able (whether for good
reason or not) to to take on the work themselves -- at least not in
timely fashion.

If there is some *technical* deficiency in the code under question, then
I would like to know about it.  In the meantime, anything ksh93 based
that isn't already integrated is vaporware.

Of course, if someone else wants to pick up Roland and Olga's work, and
has access to their workspaces, by all means please do so.

	- Garrett