[illumos-Developer] Proposal: Add memory clearing allocator to libnvpair

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld at hamachi.org
Thu Feb 3 08:51:46 PST 2011

On 02/01/11 09:34, Jason King wrote:
> My experience with the specs from RSA is less
> than positive to put it nicely (I think the profanities still linger
> in my apartment from the last time I had to deal with pkcs#11 -- in
> terms of _usability by a developer_, openssl for all it's warts wins
> hands down IMO).

For what it's worth, I had built a few things on top of pkcs11
(including finishing elliptic curve diffie-hellman for ikev1) and was
building something else at the time I left oracle.  I printed out copies
of the specs and spent some quality time reading them and got well past
the swearing stage.  (A bunch of the swearing was actually at the
elliptic curve standards, *not* at pkcs11).

						- Bill