[illumos-Developer] Newbie webrev --> "ws" needs to set CLOSED_IS_PRESENT to no

Dan McDonald danmcd at nexenta.com
Thu Feb 3 12:19:04 PST 2011

> A *preliminary* webrev is here:
>
> 	http://www.kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/fix-ws/
>
> And I'd appreciate some review and opinions.  Pardon any latency of mine --
> I'm still trying to ramp up here.

Combining replies...

Roland said:

> Technicially the patch looks good...
> ... as a side-note: ksh supports -v varname as "test" operator to
> check if a variable _exists_ (regardless of type and content (and it
> takes the name of the variable as argument and therefore avoids the
> variable value expansion associated with '$')), e.g. you could use "if
> [[ -v CLOSED_IS_PRESENT ]]; then" in your example.

I copied/pasted this bit originally from nightly.sh verbatim.  Did you
actually mean to say:

	if [[ ! -v CLOSED_IS_PRESENT ]]; then

because I want to set it if it's not already set.  Also, if some grinning
weirdo sets CLOSED_IS_PRESENT to something other than yes or no, do we care
about possible self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the feet?

Garrett said:

> Does $SRC/../closed evaluate to usr/closed ?  In that case its good.  If it
> evaluates to just closed (at the same peer level of usr) then its wrong.

Yes - $SRC is $CODEMGR_WS/usr/src, so the evaluation is what you hoped it
would be.

I've tested the code out, but I can't update the webrev right now.
Basically, I now have the above "if [[ ! -v ..." line in the previous webrev.

That good enough folks?

Thanks,
Dan