[illumos-Developer] Now with zfs-ops-in-an-ioctl: iSCSI UNMAP (1st draft)

Matthew Ahrens mahrens at delphix.com
Wed Feb 16 12:58:31 PST 2011

I don't understand the volume subsystems very well so take this with a
grain of salt.

Why is this an ioctl on /dev/zfs, rather than an operation on the zvol
itself?  I'd expect this to either come in from a call in sbd_zvol.c,
or from a callback in struct cb_ops zfs_cb_ops.

If you have to do it from a zfsdev ioctl, you will at least need to
make sure the objset is a zvol.  And I'd prefer to put the actual
free_long_range in zvol code (ie, have zfs_ioctl.c marshall the
arguments and call zvol_trim() in zvol.c)

--matt