[illumos-Developer] No LOGIN method in libsasl? Why not? (with webrev...)

Dan McDonald danmcd at nexenta.com
Tue Feb 22 10:59:41 PST 2011

Pardno the latency on this one...

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 03:31:44PM +0100, Roland Mainz wrote:

<mucho snippage deleted!>

> >> 4. Maybe it would be nice to have a comment in the source at the top
> >> that "LOGIN" is non-standard...
> >
> > This I can probably handle.
>
> Thanks...
> ... is there any URL which describes "LOGIN" ? If "yes" it may be nice
> to have the reference link in a comment...

I placed a small comment in login.c, but there's not much else to say on the
subject.

> > I'm attaching a diff of login.c vs. the original 2.1.15 libsasl code (the
> > base for all Illumos libsasl code) so you can see the minimal intrusions.
>
> Thanks... that looks good...
<SNIP!>

Updated the webrev:

	http://www.kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/sasl-login/

And I'd like to push this back.  I've been *running* it for the past two
weeks, and it works just fine with mutt(1), at least.

Dan