[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 308 ld may misalign sections only preceded by empty sections

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Fri Feb 25 22:36:18 PST 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 01:31, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:
> I'm not too thrilled about keeping the history in a readme, but there is precedent.  I'd like to see that pruned in the future.

I suspect the origins of this were "convenience for the linker folks",
the reason I continued is
that it makes up part of the version of the SUNWonld package, should
you need one.
(see usr/src/cmd/sgs/packages/common/readme_revision).

I probably have archived mail from the times I tried to talk Sun's
linker folks out of it
(they used to just use the delta of that README) to see if there's
more subtle reason to have
things key that way.

-- Rich