[illumos-Developer] webrev: audiocmihd driver

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Sat Jan 15 21:33:26 PST 2011

The webrev is here:

http://mexico.purplecow.org/gdamore/webrev/audiocmihd/

The code in this webrev was donated by 4Front technologies, and is a new
driver for the CMI 8788 chips such as found in ASUS Xonar higher end
audio cards.

This is the first of two recent donations by 4Front to illumos -- the
second is a driver for the Envy24HT audio parts found on modern Via
chipsets.   (I'll be posting the envy24ht driver a bit later.)

I have done some minor lint, cstyle, and small fixes to the driver since
its receipt (specifically I fixed a problem with Center/LFE handling),
but otherwise its verbatim from 4Front.

This webrev is significant because it represents the first significant
vendor contribution to illumos (aside from Nexenta of course).

My thanks to Dev Mazumdar and 4Front for this contribution.

The timer for this review expires in one week.

   -- Garrett