[illumos-Developer] Review for 573 stmfadm doesn't display target and initiator aliases for iscsit

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 12:32:35 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:35:07AM -0800, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> It looks good to me.  I'd like to have someone else double check it
> though.
>
> I'd like to know how you tested it, too.
>
> 	- Garrett

As this change only makes aliases visible to stmfadm, the following
testing was done:
- creating target with alias using stmfadm
- changing target alias using itadm (setting it to 'none' as well)
- logging in using b134, illumos and open-iscsi (Linux) initiators with
aliases set (also MS initiator, which doesn't have an option to set
alias though)

In all cases, stmfadm list-target -v correctly displays aliases up to
255 chars.

CAVEATS:
- while RFC3270 and RFC3271 both specify aliases as UTF-8 string, data
returned by nvlist_lookup_string and from login sequence is 255 bytes,
not chars, so any multibyte string is trimmed down (probably outside the
scope of this issue)
- itadm allows setting target aliases longer than 255 chars (should be
fixed separately as well)

Yuri