[illumos-Developer] Ugh... xdr_{float,double} problems

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 17:58:46 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:
> Has everyone who raised feedback on your last change had a chance to
> review and comment on these updates?

My suggestion about using #pragma redefine_extname was  made in a chat
discussion about how one could make both the portable and IEEE
versions of the library available to a test program.  I have mixed
feelings about including both versions of the code in a production
build of the library.  Further, if we don't try to do that, I think we
could skip the xdr.h changes entirely.

Maybe a better way to make both the portable and IEEE code testable
would be to introduce a "test" compile (somewhere) that builds this
code with a special pre-processor symbol like USE_PORTABLE_CODE, and
let that cpp symbol cause both variants to build for module test
program use.
Other ideas welcome.  I do like code that has module tests.

Sorry if I've lead you astray, Jason.

Gordon