[illumos-Developer] webrev for 294, 1149

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 20:16:49 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 03:13:23PM -0400, Richard Lowe wrote:
> Some questions.
>
> - is moving the "basic" definitions out of SUMWcs going to leave people with
> none?  I didn't see an added dependency to pull in the full package.

It should be added then.. My idea was providing all terminfo entries in
one package, if we'll need local additions, it can be done easily, but
they should still go in this package, with needed dependencies added.

> - is there any risk to removing the entries that are part of LP?

Most of the entries are included in the new terminfo.src, and comments
in cmd/lp/lib/lp/isterminfo.c say that using terminfo isn't often used
feature, so I guess there shouldn't be any impact (I've never used it so
I can't say for sure).

> - would you be willing to delete the entries in the xcurses and xcurses2
> sources which we don't ship?  I have changes for this in a findunref branch
> on github that I can provide but I haven't tested them.

I will look at it now.

> I tried to figure out if removing the thirdpartylicense bits was correct,
> but ended up more confused rather than less.  I think it needs to be listed
> as MIT, but the copyright bit I don't understand.

We need someone to decypher the license comments in terminfo.src to be
sure :-)

> Test advice: xterm*, screen* and the console are probably the most
> important.  Make sure mdb is happy (pager, bold, underline, cursor
> positioning) same with kmdb.

Running xterm with tmux (using 'screen' as TERM) for a week, no issues
seen yet, will test (k)mbd.

Thanks,
Yuri