[illumos-Developer] nightly -i ... not really incremental?

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:06:48 PDT 2011

I've noticed that "nightly -i myenv.sh" (where myenv.sh is something
closely derived from $SRC/tools/env/illumos.sh) always builds lots of
objects even when nothing has changed.  Is this a result of doing both
debug and non-debug builds in the same WS or something?

I'd happily keep two build workspaces (debug, non-debug) if I could get
incremental builds that don't touch the objects unless necessary.

Anyone know how to make it do that?

Thanks,
Gordon