[illumos-Developer] webrev for 294, 1149

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jul 9 07:52:54 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 01:04:15PM +0400, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 06:36:04AM +0400, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> >
> > Of course, all this needs additional testing, as the change is quite
> > big, feedback is welcome. I've tested only sun-color and xterm types -
> > no issues seen yet (nightly compiled cleanly and I'm running the
> > resulting image using several curses applications at the moment).
>
> Nobody interested in this?

Does the xterm definition include colour support?  I ask because I use
gnome-terminal along with `tset' in my .profile.  At login, tset sends
a query to gnome-terminal to find its preferred terminal type.  The
answer is `xterm' so it sets the terminal type to that.  This is all
nicely automatic.  If it doesn't have colour support, I'll have to
replace the xterm definition with one that does.