[illumos-Developer] Review 1116,1208, 1154

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:49:07 PDT 2011

>>> 1154 cpio needs a quiet option
>>>
>>> webrev: http://cr.illumos.org/view/ju1r6k7n/
>>
>> Both GNU and BSD cpio support only --quiet long-style option, maybe we
>> could do the same for compatibility?
>
> Then we should apply long-style for other options, probably  it  can be done
> later in separate enchancement.

If the change required some real work, then it might make sense to
allow the long-option stuff to come later.  But this appears to be
almost trivial, so why not do it while adding the "quiet" (-q) option
in the first place?

Further, have people on the dev. list agreed about adding the -q option?
(i.e. do you have your "functional specification"?:)

Gordon