[illumos-Developer] webrev for 294, 1149

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jul 20 04:34:19 PDT 2011

Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling) wrote:

> Gordon Ross <gordon.w.ross at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The new file termcap.src says it's derived from the "master" terminfo.src
> > so would it make sense to put only the master under SCM and generate
> > the (derived) termcap one at build time?
> >
> > Otherwise this stuff basically looks fine to me.
>
> Be _very_ careful as the "termcap.src" file from that source is full of bugs.
>
> There are 1599 terminal entries in the file, but there are:
>
> 18	unparsable parameterized strings that are in conflict with the
> 	termcap documentation

I did not see any reply to this. Did you check whether the terminfo files are
all correctly parseble by the Solaris terminfo implementation?

AFAIK, tic does not look into strings when reating binary files from ascii
terminfo files.

As you see from my previous message, the termcap file is full of strings that
are not understood by most termcap implementations. Similar problems could
accur with terminfo.

Jörg