[illumos-Developer] Build of illumos on SPARC succeeds with warnings

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jul 25 15:18:26 PDT 2011

Just for fun, I wanted to see if I could build illumos on my V240, a
SPARC server, running Solaris 11 Express.  I'm using the Studio 12.2
and gcc 3.4.3 compilers.  The first build failed because `sed' didn't
support the `-E' option.  Once I replaced `sed' with the newly-built
one, the next build went much better.  Other than thousands of
warnings, it appears to have been successful.  Is there something I
can do to correct for the warnings?  Here's a selection of them:

"/usr/perl5/5.10.0/lib/sun4-solaris-64int/CORE/proto.h", line 36: warning:  attribute "nonnull" is unknown, ignored
"Utils.c", line 64: warning:  attribute "unused" is unknown, ignored
"Kstat.c", line 1246: warning:  attribute "unused" is unknown, ignored
"Privilege.c", line 87: warning:  attribute "unused" is unknown, ignored
"Lgrp.c", line 167: warning:  attribute "unused" is unknown, ignored
"Exacct.c", line 432: warning:  attribute "unused" is unknown, ignored