[illumos-Developer] Illumos device drivers (Was: Solaris Future?)

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jul 28 11:53:49 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:21:28AM -0500, Gary Mills wrote:

> The only hardware I have that doesn't work with Illumos now is my Acer
> AS3810T-6827 laptop.

I found another one that should be easier.  My ASUS Eeepc laptop runs
Opensolaris, but it has no driver for the wired ethernet.  Wireless
works.  The wired ethernet device shows up this way in `scanpci':

    pci bus 0x0001 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x1969 device 0x1062
     Atheros Communications Atheros AR8132 / L1c Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Maybe I only need to modify the `atge' driver.