[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 1303 Grub should support large sector disks

Hans Rosenfeld rosenfeld at grumpf.hope-2000.org
Fri Jul 29 16:47:23 BST 2011

Hi,

our Grub currently fails to boot large sector disks (with ashift != 9).

Here is a webrev to fix this: http://cr.illumos.org/view/6qc99xkh/

I took the liberty to also do some minor cleanups of the code I had to
touch. I tested it on my laptop, which has (at this time) two rpools,
one with ashift=12 on a 4k-disk, and another with ashift=9.

The patched grub is able to boot both pools, regardless of which disk it
was loaded from.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown