[illumos-Developer] webrev(b): 1282 nsmb_open has a race

Robert Mustacchi rm at joyent.com
Fri Jul 29 15:01:52 PDT 2011

On 7/29/11 2:42 PM, Gordon Ross wrote:
> Any other takers?  I'd appreciate one more reviewer...
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Gordon Ross<gordon.w.ross at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Here is an updated webrev with updates after my talk with Garrett.
>>   http://www.yalms.org/cr/illumos-1282b/

The parts related to ensuring that only one instance attaches is good.

The way that minor numbers are being handled seems to work and should be
fine. You might want to consider using a vmem arena instead. This is
what I've been using for pseudo-drivers with equivalent semantics and
what dtrace(7D) does.
http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/uts/common/dtrace/dtrace.c#12222
for reference.

Robert