[illumos-Developer] Available MSI(-x) interrupt limit.

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Tue Jun 7 11:16:14 PDT 2011

Right, its the APIC.  Newer systems use the APIX which is much more flexible.  These are typically used with MSI-X.  MSI-X also uses a more flexible interrupt routing scheme, so its possible to route different interrupts to different cpus more easily.

I've not seen many MSI devices.  I've seen a lot of MSI-X though.

  -- Garrett D'Amore