[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 1121 smbsrv should use SPNEGO (outbound authentication)

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:33:35 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Albert Lee <trisk at opensolaris.org> wrote:
[...]
>>> usr/src/lib/smbsrv/libmlsvc/common/smbrdr_glue.c:65: Only
>>> smbrdr_logon() caller remaining is SMB_DR_JOIN ... ->
>>> smbd_join_domain->mlsvc_join. That could be replaced with direct usage
>>> of smbrdr_ctx_new() and passing the ctx around.
>>
>> Yes I could, but I'd prefer to keep the knowledge of the
>> smb_ctx thing restricted to the mlsvc_glue.c code.
>>

> It's already exposed to libmlsvc since ndr_rpc_bind uses it. You could
> inline the smbrdr_login block in mlsvc_join and have a smb_ctx used
> only within the scope of mlsvc_join.

Right, but as I see it, the smb_ctx thing is a private part
of how we talk to "the transport".  I tried to keep that
knowledge restricted to lmsvc_client.c mlsvc_glue.c
So I'd prefer to keep the smbrdr_login wrapper.

>>> usr/src/lib/smbsrv/libmlsvc/common/smbrdr_glue.c:118: ndr_rpc_bind()
>>> is passed the username MLSVC_ANON_USER ("IPC$") in a couple of
>>> places, also whatever is returned by mb_ipc_get_user().
>>
>> Thanks.  I guess I could change those, or just remove the
>> XXX comment.

OK.  I didn't feel like trying to track down all the places
where that might come from...

Thanks,
Gordon