[illumos-Developer] webrev for 1073: migrate kernel modules from ancient _depends_on to true ELF dependencies

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 27 01:53:24 PDT 2011

Adam,

I wasn't sure about the appropriate copyright, either. There are a couple of places where the location of the copyright may be wrong (e.g. it didn't follow the CDDL block and thus isn't clearly attached to CDDL use terms). Where the copyright lines follow the CDDL block and the Nexenta line looks like the below, I'd think this is reasonable because both SMI/Oracle and Nexenta are providing the code under the same license terms, but I'm not aware of any ordering implications (I'm a SoC intern for Nexenta, which is to say that I've not got a solid or even a tenuous grip on a cluestick with this).

As far as the dependencies not being simply copied, I don't think any dependencies were removed that should be there (or at all). A number of Makefiles already had partial or complete dependency lists even as the code continued to contain _depends_on lists (e.g. usr/src/uts/fs/nfs/nfs_server.c specifies a dependency on misc/klmmod, while usr/src/uts/(intel|sparc)/ nfssrv/Makefile already included that and a somewhat longer list. I double-checked my edits against the grep I used to track all of the edits, but it's still possible that I may have missed something for lack of understanding. What caught your attention?

Cheers,
Bayard