[illumos-Developer] MUCH better --> zil for zvol TRUNCATE (and iSCSI UNMAP) working...

Dan McDonald danmcd at nexenta.com
Tue Mar 1 11:11:31 PST 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:00:43AM -0800, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> I'm not sure your code unmap review is up to date:
>
> sbd.c: line 3845 & 3846... a residual #if 0 and the KEBE ASKS comment.

Oh shoot.  I've been spending so much time in zvol-land I forgot I had those
open questions in sbd_unmap().  Both are still unanswered.  Eric has some
opinions about WRITEBACK_CACHE_DISABLED and waiting-for-sync.

> sbd.c: line 3757 -- I thought you were issuing these against /dev/zvol?

Not the props stuff.  The best (only?) way to get that is to open the
/dev/zfs control device.  Again, Eric has some opinions on this as well that
if his ideas are followed, would allow a complete rip-out of this stuff.

> Can you please check to make sure your webrev is updated?

It actually is... but I need those last two open-questions answered.  I'm
tempted to just use the sl_data_vp vnode pointer all the time, in answer to
the second question.  The first one Eric talks about, and I'll followup on
his mail next.

Dan