[illumos-Developer] Replay problems with new zvol_replay_truncate (was iSCSI UNMAP...)

Andrew Gabriel illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 15:10:40 PST 2011

Dan McDonald wrote:
> I did just this, and forced a panic.  (Sidenote:  once the dump finishes, the
> machine locks after printing "100%" and I get no actual dump...).

I had a system which wouldn't dump.
I changed the dump device (and swap device) back to a raw slice, and it
then worked fine. I never got around to investigating why dump to zvol
failed, as I was in the middle of investigating some other problem at
the time. I guess I'm less surprised that a crashdump forced from the
guts of ZFS won't dump to a zvol. I left my system configured to dump
and swap to a raw slice, on the KISS principle.

--
Andrew Gabriel