[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 243 system manual pages should live with the software

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Wed Mar 2 22:01:34 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 23:42, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:
> Casually screening, it looks reasonable, but I would like others to pay
> special attention to the "facets".  Also I see that /usr/share/man has a
> facet, and /usr/share/man/man2 has a different facet.  How does this
> work?  Does the second facet override the first?

It gives them both.  That doesn't actually end up how I wanted, however, so
I'm going to change it to only use facet.doc.man.

> Also, how well exercised is the whole facets thing in IPS?  Admittedly,
> I've been burned by IPS so many times that I approach the whole thing
> with a high degree of skepticism.

Used in at least X.  If not explicitly changed they don't have any
effect on behaviour.
(If you ignore them, they'll ignore you).  I'm explicitly only using
them on files and directories.

-- Rich