[illumos-Developer] UNMAP along with DKIOCFREE-in-zvol ready to go?

Dan McDonald danmcd at nexenta.com
Thu Mar 3 06:55:13 PST 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 07:51:37AM -0500, Eric Schrock wrote:
> In sbd_unmap(), I'd rephrase some comments:
>
> /* TODO --> Handle more than just ZFS datasets. */
>

> /* Currently, we only handle unmap on zvols */
>
> I find 'TODO' and 'XXX' to be helpful in project gates, but a little weird
> in the final code (though I'm not vehemently against it, so if you find it
> valuable go ahead and leave it).

I won't put XXX (or KEBE for that matter... ;) back, but I've occasionally
found TODO useful.  I'll change this one, however and delete the other one
you mentioned.

> Although it might be nice to change it to a comment explaining the semantics
> as you explained them to me, so that other people don't get confused around
> the interactions with WCE.

The zvol.c DKIOCFREE handler has these comments already.  The COMSTAR caller
just wants DF_WAIT_SYNC to reflect the LU's disabled write cache.

I've updated the webrev and will be (re)spinning a nightly.

Thanks,
Dan