[illumos-Developer] Google Summer of Code?

Aram Hăvărneanu aram.h at mgk.ro
Sun Mar 6 09:35:11 PST 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:

> I've listed a few candidates.

Not sure about Skype. A lot of people want Skype on illumos, some need
it for work (myself included). However Skype is closed source and
porting it requires help from its developers. Not sure how this fits
in Google open source agenda.

> Please add others.

I did, I also organized them in a table with a column for difficulty
of implementation: easy, medium and hard. I also think we need to
prioritize the proposals by how important they are to us. Of course,
now we are just brainstorming so that's a step for some later time.

I added gwr as a mentor to some of the possible projects I added. Of
course, Gordon may decline :-).

--
Aram Hăvărneanu