[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 780, 783, 784 gcc build fixes

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Wed Mar 9 11:48:03 PST 2011

Please review:
    780 gcc-built localedef(1) seems to not work
    783 gcc-built system panics loading pcbe.GenuineIntel.6
    784 gcc-built cpr doesn't load
webrev:
    http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_780

Various of you have commented on individual changes, I don't think
anyone actually
ok'd the full set, or gave me complete coverage.

Dan, I didn't nest the cpr_is_foo checks in a non-ifdef'd condition,
as you'd asked
because I wasn't sure if my response regarding the effectively
constant nature of
cpr_sleeptype made you happy enough or not.

These changes are sufficient to build with gcc as the primary compiler, and boot
the resulting bits 32bit in virtualbox.  I don't believe there are
hardwired uses of Studio cc
in the x86 build, as there are on SPARC, but haven't checked yet.  I
have not had the opportunity
to test platform-specifics on anything but virtualbox as yet (that is,
no 64bit, no non-p123
pcbe, etc.).  If you try using gcc as the primary, you may still find more bugs.

-- Rich